A new battery backup for all your gadgets has recently launched and will be making its public debut at CES. The Lifesaver II by Mio works with smartphones, tablets, eReaders, iPhones, iPods, iPads, PSPs, the Nintendo DS and other USB powered devices.
What is special about the The Lifesaver II portable battery pack?
1. It is very thin and lightweight. While it might not be smaller than other portable battery packs I’ve used, it is so thin and light that it won’t add any weight to your purse or backpack. And yet, as lightweight as it is, you don’t have to worry about the sturdiness of the Lifesaver II. It is made from airplane aluminum, so it is both strong and lightweight.
2. It is the best looking charger I can ever remember seeing. And since we now live in a world where we are surrounded by gadgets, I think that their looks are becoming much more important. I don’t want to surround myself with a bunch of ugly plain looking gadgets. Do you?
3. “The 4500mAh Li-polymer battery delivers a 2.4amp output for fastest-in-class charging time.” I don’t really understand the numbers well but I know that I had no problems with the charging time.
4. A fully charged Lifesaver II can fully recharge a phone or charge a tablet about 50%.
5. It is simple to use!
How does The Lifesaver II battery pack work?
1. Plug the micro connector side of the charging cable into the battery pack and the USB side into your computer or outlet.
2. You can tell how far along the charging is by the blue lights on the end of the battery pack.
3. When fully charged, unplug the charging cable and now insert the USB side into the battery pack.
4. Insert the micro connector into your device. If you have an Apple product, both 30 pin and lightning pin connectors are included.
I will be going to 2014 International CES next week and I know that my Lifesaver II battery pack will come in very handy! I plan on using my iPad mini everywhere I go, so I am so glad that I will also have this nice lightweight battery pack that charges tablets in my bag also. If any of you will also be at CES, you can find the Lifesaver II at LVH Booth #49035.
Full Disclosure: I received a Lifesaver II for free to review. There was no other remuneration and all opinions are my own.