I first saw the new MediaFlair™ Portable WiFi® Streaming Accessory from Escort Inc. when I attended a Pepcom tech press preview. What excited me most about MediaFlair, and the reason I was so happy to receive one to review, is that unlike other gadgets which allow you to share media, with the The MediaFlair, each user you are sharing with can watch or listen to something different than each other at the same time!
There are actually two big benefits to using MediaFlair:
1. As mentioned above, after adding any media you want (music, movies, photos, documents) onto your MediaFlair portable WiFi streaming accessory, you can then share the media with up to 5 people at a time. But, the amazing thing is, each person can listen to, watch, read, look at a different thing. If you are on a car trip with your family and one child wants to watch a Disney movie and another wants to listen to music, no problem. How great is this for family travel?
2. Are your smartphones and tablets filled with so much media that you risk memory problems. This is a problem that I often have with my iPad. With MediaFlair, you don’t have to store all your media directly on your phones and tablets so you can free up memory. I love this.
How does the MediaFlair Accessory Work?
It is extremely easy to use. All you need do is:
- An SD card is included in the box. Copy the media that you want onto the SD card.
- Charge the MediaFlair accessory and insert the SD card.
- Download the free MediaFlair app from the App Store, Google Play (Android) and Amazon (Kindle Fire).
- Turn the MediaFlair on.
- On your device, go into settings, Wifi Networks, and enter “MediaFlair” and you are connected.
- Launch the app, browse the content from your SD card and stream, upload, etc. depending on type of content, from the app.
There are so many uses for the MediaFlair Portable WiFi® Streaming Accessory, but the one that I see as a lifesaver, is the use of it for families. No need to download the same songs, movies, etc on everyone’s phones and tablets. Download each on one, copy them all to MediaFlair and share. Save money and memory and let everyone still watch or listen or read whatever they want, wherever you are.
Do you think that the MediaFlair MediaFlair™ Portable WiFi® Streaming Accessory is something that your family could use?
Full Disclosure: I received a MediaFlair for free to review. I was not paid and all opinions are completely my own.