OtterBox has been known for years as being one of the top companies in creating the most protective cases for smartphones. In the past few years, LifeProof has come upon the scene with their amazing waterproof cases.So, in a very logical move, in May of this year, OtterBox acquired LifeProof, to better meet the needs of their customers.
What does that mean for you? Hopefully, in the near future, it will mean one-stop shopping for great protective and/or waterproof smartphone cases. Right now though, OtterBox and LifeProof cases are still sold on their own websites.
1. OtterBox has a much more extensive line of cases than LifeProof and they make cases for a wide variety of smartphones and tablets.
2. The Defender series is one of their most popular line of cases and is available for all phones. It is Rugged multi-layered case that withstands drops, bumps and shocks, yet you can design it any way you want. Right now, there is 25% the Defender series for the iPhone 5.
3. If you have problems with protective cases because of trouble with docking, or being too heavy, the OtterBox Reflex series is perfect for you.
1. LifeProof makes cases for Apple iPhones, iPads, iPods and the Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4.
2. See my original review of how LifeProof cases protect against everything, to get the gist of how they work.
3. LifeProof cases are not just water resistant. They are completely waterproof. You can take them swimming with you. A waterproof phone can be part of a your survival tools if you think about it, a wet phone in the wild is pretty useless. They are also dirt proof and shock proof. This adorable video of a baby who managed to get her hands on her parent’s phone, says it all:
4. The nüüd for iPhone 5 has become very popular because it allows you to touch the actual screen of your phone while still being completely waterproof. I don’t understand how as long as it works, and it does.
If you are looking for gifts for family or friends, these cases are perfect. With cases priced anywhere from $20 to $80, there is something for anyone. These Otterbox and LifeProof Cases would make especially great gifts for any adventure seeking friends, or any clumsy friends that keep dropping their phones. Or, you could buy one for yourself and take your phone or tablet in the bubble bath with you.